Baldwin Acrosonic

PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com
Sun Jan 21 19:58:15 MST 2007

I found that when working on the old style  Acrosonics with the pick up
fingers, it pays to lubricate each
of the 88 bushed sticker holes in the guide rail. I like to use CLP. In  many
cases this eases the action considerably.
     Also, in the newer spinets with the rubber  grommets that fit into the
forks at the ends of the keys, when the grommets get  hardened over time, a
hard-to-locate rattling sound crops up. If you're working  on one of these
spinets and can't locate the source of the rattling, examine the  rubber grommet
first.