bass string markup

J Pengelly johnsfsr at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 22 21:55:22 MST 2007

I have to replace three wound bichords in a clients piano. I have ordered
them and they arrived today. I'm just wondering what the usual markup for
individual strings might be if any. While  I'm on the subject, I have always
felt uneasy about markup on parts never quite knowing how much is the norm.
By the time it gets to me with shipping and various taxes, the parts seem
rather expensive and I feel guilty about marking it up further. I would
apreciate any thoughts on this matter.

John Pengelly
The Tuning Fork