Hearing Loss does it really happen?

Concert Piano Service concertpianoservice at planet.nl
Tue Jan 23 13:51:33 MST 2007

On 23-jan-2007, at 20:41, KeyKat88 at aol.com wrote:

> Greetings,
>
>       I would like to hear from some seasoned tuners. Has anyone
> out there had any hearing loss? Should I protect my ears?   I know
> that I used to play the notes alot more loud  as a novice , than I
> do now days (except when I have to give the key a smart blow in
> order to set the string) That cant be helped (unless you want to
> sell the client a tuning that wont last as long)
>
> AnY advice? COmmernts?
>

> Thanks
> JUlia Gottshall
> Reading, PA

Come on! of course it happens...

I am 58 (almost) and I quit - heavy - tuning about 15 years ago.
Nevertheless, after a lifetime of it noise, my ears are warning me
because they give me a heavy buzz when I strike too hard, or there is
a continual hissing sound at the end of the day.
It does not really bother me, but I know....

OK?

friendly greetings
from
André Oorebeek