NAMM Report

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Tue Jan 23 23:07:22 MST 2007

Rob, thanks for the interesting report on your trip to the NAMM show.

One small item that I would to add a different opinion about is the
question of action rail material.  I don't think that extruded aluminum
action rails are necessarily superior to wooden ones in their various
forms, e.g. laminated.  Aluminum can have its problems as well, such as
stripped flange screw holes, unwanted noise and perhaps other issues.

It doesn't surprise me that to my knowledge (which is almost never up
to date) of the say 10 finest piano brands, a minority are using
aluminum action rails.

..ducking for cover....
Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply