A tenor bridge conversion

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 24 12:43:07 MST 2007

Frank and Del-

For purposes of this discussion, most of us on this list would agree that a tenor bridge or extended bass bridge would give a better transition.  What we wonder is: why do manufacturers continue to produce pianos with "hockey stick" bridges?

Since you both have insider's experience in the commercial factory design process, perhaps you can tell us why manufacturers repeatedly make what seems, from our small shop viewpoint, to be a poor decision.

Thanks!

Ed Sutton