absolute pitch

Alan R. Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 26 11:42:50 MST 2007

I knew a music prof and cellist who was challenged to do the following:
Play a three octave minor scale--harmonic ascending, melodic descending--two different ways: First in pure (just) intonation as though playing in a string ensemble; then in a tempered intonation, as though playing with a piano accompianment.
Measured electronically (spectrum analyzer, I guess) he was dead on. Spoooooky.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO
Joshua 24:15