absolute pitch

Brad Lehman bpl at umich.edu
Fri Jan 26 14:41:28 MST 2007

E6 on pianos sounds remarkably far out of tune to me, too: but probably
for a different reason.  I hardly ever play in equal temperament
anymore, but rather in systems based on 1/6 comma naturals.  And next to
that, equal temperament's E in whatever octave is the farthest note off
the mark, being way too sharp (about 8 cents, relative to C).  Up there
so high at E6 that it *does* start to sound like an F6, especially if
there's been any octave stretching also.

Brad Lehman