Spring cord repair; partial job discovered

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 12:17:21 MST 2007

Lance,
While I take your point regarding spring cords, here in "temperate"
New England "grey market" pianos are a gamble. The average winter RH%
up here can be very, very low -- much, much drier than Loiusiana has
ever experienced, and significantlty drier than Japan too.
One winter and it can be a no torque pinblock and multicracked
soundboard. Yes DC system can save the day but only if it's installed
before enduring a northern winter.
While we have had an unseasonably warm early winter, Canadian air
masses have sent us single digit and 'teens Farenheit this week.
Keep warm,
Patrick Draine