Yamaha Aluminum Rail

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sat Jan 27 16:42:28 MST 2007

>I do hope you know the tip about turning the screw the wrong way until you
>hear or feel a "click" before tightening it. It does take a few seconds
>longer--but sure is better than having to use an oversize screw.

I do this on wooden rails too, any screw actually. It is essential on
metal rails,
sometimes it takes quite a while to find the groove.  The instant the screw has
resistance, stop, back it out; turn in reverse until you hear/feel
the notch/click.
Often times it still does not work in which case you have to alter the angle of
the screw and try again.

Do not get discouraged. Many times it will take five or more attempts to get
the screw to sync.

Don't force it, be patient.  Once the threading has been reestablished in this
manner the subsequent re-installations are easier.  It must be that the fresh
factory installations need a little easing for reassembling.

So careful (pains-taking) realignment, in a manner, taps the hole for
easier re-installations.

One more reason why I prefer wooden rails, once the screw is reversed to
click-in, the screw usually has no problem tightening.
--

Regards,

Jon Page