Click

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Sun Jan 28 05:14:18 MST 2007

Hi Arlin,

I'd put a second vote in for the butt leather (corfam) needing replacement.
If you watch the jack closely upon key return, you may find that the click
is the tip of the jack as it contacts the butt leather, which has hardened.
It seems odd the first time you run into it - it just doesn't seem
reasonable, but look and listen closely, and I'll bet it is that butt
leather that needs replacing.  Figure about 5 hours.

Best,
William R. Monroe