weird string

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 28 09:19:20 MST 2007

Tom:
    I'd look at the bridge notching and see if there is sufficient clearance carved away from the bridge pin for the string to vibrate freely.  I've seen this a few times.  It's difficult to see.  You might have to move some bass strings to have access.  I'd bet that the bridge is somehow compromised, as you said.   You might just have to get the customer to allow/pay you to remove the action to solve this puzzle.
    Good Luck!
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego