Kimball Consolette keytop problem

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Sun Jan 28 13:09:54 MST 2007

I have always had to trim to fit.
They make them so that they can be used on all pianos, hence finding them a little larger.
I don't understand what you mean by straight cut.
The come in the seven basic configurations, plus the end C and end A.
I suppose there are really only 5 configurations, but the ones from Schaff also have the key designator on them.
I use the ones with fronts, put them on with PVC E, I don't clamp, and have had no problem.
I did run into a problem once, on a cheap spinet, where I had to take some off a key, and add some to the key next to it, when the replacement wasn't wide enough.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca