Piano on The Apprentice

Rob Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Mon Jan 29 11:48:47 MST 2007

Hello-
Has anyone else been watching Donald Trumps "The Apprentice"?  I haven't been keeping up much this season but I watched it last year.  I did, however, catch last night's episode.

For the winning team's "Reward" the group was treated to a private concert on the beach in Malibu- right out on the sand.  I bet the moving crew had fun moving that one.  I found it curious, and an obvious product placement, that the piano was a white Wurlitzer.  They kept showing the name over and over and had a decal on the side to make sure it was always in the shot.  Out of all pianos in the world they picked a Wurlitzer?  I wonder how much money Baldwin paid to get that on TV!   How much sand do you suppose got in it?

If you are the salesman what kind of pitch to you give the prospective customer?
"You should buy this one, it's was the piano used on the beach".

Was anyone here responsible for tuning it?

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV