Vollmer serial number

Arlie Rauch adarpub at midrivers.com
Mon Jan 29 18:21:31 MST 2007

I am in the process of tearing apart a Vollmer player piano for a
rebuild.  The serial number is 25515.  I'm wondering whether anyone
has information as to what year that represents.

The Pierce Piano Atlas serial numbers don't go that high, and the
last year listed is 1928.  We know the piano is older than that
because of tuning dates written in.  H. C. Bay made Vollmer, but
their numbers are no better.  After going bankrupt, Estey bought
them, but those numbers aren't any better.

Maybe I'll find a year scribbled on the action somewhere.  It would
be nice to know.

Arlie Rauch
Glendive, MT