Bridle Tape function - was Two Different Worlds

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 31 02:26:48 MST 2007

>From: "Alan R. Barnard"
>
>It's (relatively) easy. You just take out the keys, install the action,
>reinstall the keys while tripping each jack. And charge a little more.

Why to trouble so much? Just install the action "half": attach it loosely to
the bottom holders and incline it in the direction of the strings with one
hand. In the other hand hold a srewdriver or whatever to tripp the jacks.
Usually there are only a few bridle tapes broken, not the whole set. If
there are only a few broken, the procedure takes 30 seconds or so additional
time. If the whole set is rotten it´s a job for the shop. Do you mean with
bridle tape the whole tape or just the end of leather? To exchange a
handfull of leather endings in field service is done so quickly that I don´t
charge extra for it, depending of the customers sympathy or the quality
(temperature) of the coffee he offered me.

Gregor