Pianotech Digest, Vol 1283, Issue 172

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Jan 31 08:07:47 MST 2007

Hi Mark
  I've used a capstan mounted in the underside of the key  bed with a felt
block on the lever but wow the Mason setup is sure  elegant.  Is that a glide
bolt?
  Dale

Dale  & others - what are you using in lieu  of  a block of hammer  felt to
limit the travel of the trap lever?  I've been wanting to try a  glide bolt for
this, mounted in the lever with the business end facing the  keybed. I've
recently noticed that this is exactly how the new Masons are done  - very nice.