Glue Summary was Reblitz: Glue pots vs glue sticks

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Wed Jan 31 15:37:19 MST 2007

You don't need to loosen the pins.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: KeyKat88 at aol.com
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 4:52 PM
  Subject: Re: Glue Summary was Reblitz: Glue pots vs glue sticks

  Greetings,

        I heard you flip the piano on its back (uprights) , loosen the pins, drop a few drops CA down each pin. then maybe go back and apply a second helping if pin(s) is/are still loose, and retune in 24 hours or so. I tried it on an old uprught in my garage...worked for me!   I turned the pins down while applying the stuff. Some bass pins needed 3 goes. My theory is that it dries and crunches up / gets sandy in there, and "tightens" the pins. Hope this helps...PLease know that I am a 4th year rookie.

  Julia Gottshall
  Reading, PA

  In a message dated 1/24/2007 4:07:56 AM Eastern Standard Time, karlkaputt at hotmail.com writes:
    >From: "Alan R. Barnard" <tune4u at earthlink.net>

    >CA -- much has been written about this. Ultra-thin can restore tuneability
    >to a worn pinblock and penetrate thin cracks to stabilize bridges.

    How would you applicate it to a warn pinblock? Even with the pins still in
    the block or after removing the pins and frame? And does this "repair" last
    for long or only a few month or so?

    Gregor