More comic relief

PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com
Wed Jan 31 18:52:31 MST 2007

Aside from the middle C wippen flange (or a tenor string) breaking on a 60
year old Acrosonic as you're trying out the piano after fine tuning it  and are
ready to leave and go home for the evening, here are my list of most
annoying things in this business. How many can YOU think of?
Housewives taking 5 minutes to answer the door when you're ringing the bell
(always in mid January)
Can't find a parking spot (big cities like NYC only)
Customers that don't show up
Competing with vacuum cleaners
Competing with leaf-blowing machines in November
Little children screaming
Big dogs jumping all over you, little dogs barking each time you make a  move
Grandfather and cuckoo clocks going off every 15 minutes
"My husband took the check book. Can I mail it to you?"
"The last tuner charged me only $25 for a tune-up."
 It's 90 degrees outside, 100 in the house, and the customer is too  cheap to
put on the air conditioner.
Dead mouse in piano.
Piano needs everything, especially a complete action rebuild. "My children
just started taking lessons,
so make it just good enough for a beginner."
New customer says, over the phone, "I think it's a Yamaha." You get there
and it's a Russian piano, vintage 1978!

Jesse Gitnik
NYC
Tech since 1980