Decal Location

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Sun Jul 1 00:22:51 MDT 2007

In a message dated 6/30/2007 8:21:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
hullfam5 at yahoo.com writes:

Anyone have an A and can give us some sb decal
> location info?  Distance from belly rail to bottom
> of
> decal and from bass side of rim to left side of
> decal,
> for instance.

Bob,

Which version of the A is it? The one Paul R-J measured is an A-2. We have
two 1917 A-3's at home. One is original, and the very leftmost part of the decal
is 18 7/8" from the inside of the straight side of the rim. Measuring on
across, the rightmost part is about 30 3/8" from the [same] rim. That's running
the tape pretty much across Nicholas II and Umberto I. The bottom is 1" from the
rear of the damper guide rail.

When we rebuilt the other piano, we moved the decal about 3/8" to the left,
and about 1/2" towards the tail, because we thought it looked better.

Bob Davis