old piano disposal

tom tomtuner at verizon.net
Sun Jul 1 07:23:57 MDT 2007

Having the piano removed and disposed of for $250 is a bargain.

You will not be able to dismantle it as far as you think. You can get it

to a point but then the strung back will be more cumbersome to wield

than the complete piano.

The only reason to dismantle the piano down to the back

is that if the bulkhead has been remodeled since the piano

was put down there.

Leave it to the pros.

--

Regards,

Jon Page

Big time ditto on Jon's post.

            Taking the case parts off leaves you with 90% of the weight and
not much to grab.

            Reminds me of one of the most bizarre service calls I've had.

            The guy took the dampers, strings with tuning pins still
attached and the plate out of an old nondescript grand piano in order to get
it down the stairs to the first floor.

            He wanted me to reassemble this pile of stuff and was really
disappointed with my attitude when I passed on the job.

            If Phil Bondi was in my area I would have passed his name along!
<G>

            Tom Driscoll