Action Ratio and Dip and Blow and Etc.

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jul 3 17:07:30 MDT 2007

I moved the knuckle out 2mm from the center - so now it is 18mm. Jack/knuckle alignment isn't quite as good - but not real bad:

It looks like my knuckle core might not be real square with the shank - I'll double-check that (could just be the camera angle) - I cut the slot by hand and it was a little bit sloppy.

Looks like there is plenty of room for the jack in it's new rest position in the rep lever window:

But more to the point - WOW! DW went from 50g to 43g and upweight is still okay at 23g. So now I will do some calculating and figure out how much lead I can remove for a new target front weight. Gettin' more lead out can only improve this action I think.

If I'm going to end up moving knuckles, I guess I'll have to dig through the archives on shank notching techniques - I know there have been a number of discussions on that topic.

Terry Farrell