more buzzing

Ruth Phillips info at alliedpiano.com
Thu Jul 5 17:11:15 MDT 2007

Paul and Les,

Interesting.  Your explanation makes sense.  The ear doctor said he'd never
heard of ear plugs being used the way I think I need.  For me, it's just
this buzzing, as if a whole box of screws were on the board, and only coming
through in one ear.  There isn't a pitch to it like ringing has.  Diane told
me that hearing aid technology is changing so fast that one just a few
months to a couple of years old can be obsolete.

Ruth Phillips

info at alliedpiano.com

>To the best of my knowledge, noise-canceling is accomplished by a
microphone listening to ambient noise, and a wave generator creating an
exact opposite noise...  In order to generate an opposite noise, there would
have to be an actual, physical noise against which to generate a canceling
noise.

Paul Bruesch

Stillwater, MN