Schiedmeier Pianos and under bridge structure

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Jul 6 07:36:50 MDT 2007

To be honest, I don't know which one it is as I was unaware of the history
of the company.

The only issue about whether this really contributes to stiffness is that
the underside bridge structure is tunneled out, as it were, in order to
allow the ribs to pass through the structure untouched.  While there remains
a thin piece of wood below the rib at those points, I don't imagine there is
much stiffness to the overall structure.  I don't know if I'm painting a
very clear picture.  The piano, btw, has more than adequate power.

Maybe I'll try and stop by the piano again and snap some pictures.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com