birdcage tuning

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jul 6 09:47:47 MDT 2007

Might want to consider the diameter of the string as well? Hmmmm?

  ;-)

You know, it can be a funny thing. I know I am not a complete idiot regarding piano design, construction, etc. But the answer to Don's question that popped into my head is that you can't know what the designer intended 150 years ago. But I see now how wrong that is. And so simply. Of course, what a reasonable (and easy) thing to do. Your solution should at least get you into a reasonable range.

Thanks from those of use who, on occasion, seem to miss the obvious (in retrospect anyway).

Terry Farrell