Birdcage pitch raise

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Fri Jul 6 11:18:08 MDT 2007

Don, you ask

>If it was raised to A440 once--what was the justification for not doing so
>this time?

Basically, cost.  I charged for two tunings to do the original pitch raise
(and really did three).  I would have had to do so again.  The piano isn't
worth it, and the family are on a limited budget.  Tuning it 70 cents low,
it sounds OK and is playable.(Which wasn't at all the case at 400 cents
low!) It's not going to be played wth other instrumernts, and the intention
is to upgrade to something better in about a year, if the boy maintains his
interest in his piano lessons.

Best,

David.