Action Spread Measurements

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jul 7 19:32:29 MDT 2007

Yes, your observations are correct that you can't use the old bracket/rail positions to set the new bracket or rail location. I have the data somewhere, but not in front of me, Young Chang can provide it - up to a certain year or serial number the action spread should be set to X, after that time/serial-number the action spread should be set to Y. YC provides that data on a sheet that should be included with the brackets you received from them.

You are right though, forget what you have - it is warped way out of spec. Put the new brackets in, set your action spread, check and adjust bracket height and go from there.

Don't forget to sell the piano owner a full regulation - a.k.a. Cha-ching!$!$!$!$

Terry Farrell