Tuning sequence question

ITUNEPIANO at aol.com ITUNEPIANO at aol.com
Sun Jul 8 19:57:51 MDT 2007

I like to strip the entire piano out, tune the temperament, then tune the
center strings in the treble.  Then before tuning the treble unisons, I  check
the center strings for any errors.  Once I'm happy with them, I tune  the
treble unisons.  I tune the bass last, because the wound strings slip  at a
different rate than steel strings and I want the steel strings stable  before tuning
the bass.  I use a temperament strip because it's  easier and quicker than
moving a mute around for each  note.   On a tunelab overpull tuning, I start at
the low bass,  and tune center strings to C-8.   Then I tune unisons.  I do
this to save battery power, more than anything else.   Bob.