Tuning sequence question

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Mon Jul 9 00:23:02 MDT 2007

On Jul 8, 2007, at 6:05 PM, Geoff Sykes wrote:
> In other words, which aural tuning method of the two described
> above, would produce the more accurate and stable tuning when
> completed?

No question---either open-string, one-mute aural tuning---my method---
or tuning with a temperament strip, pulling the strip, tuning the
unisons, correcting the subtle distortions that caused, then tuning
the rest of the piano open string
to open string. More stable, more precise, more custom, more musical,
more fun to tune.

David Andersen