Here comes the pitch

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Tue Jul 10 15:21:09 MDT 2007

Cy wrote:

>P. S.  I followed several tuners in WV who routinely skipped the bottom
andtop octave altogether.

That's just tooooo disgraceful.  I've enountered that too - a client of mine
who is an opera singer and has been my client since he was 17 and starting
at the Music Academy, moved 25 miles away, and got another tuner to tune his
(birdcage) piano.  My client said that the guy openly said to him "Well,
we'll not bother with the top octave and a half, you won't use those notes".
Blatant!  How can these guys live with themselves.