milk on keytops thread

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Wed Jul 11 07:48:18 MDT 2007

Skim milk was traditionally known as "blue john" (no relation, I'm sure
<g>).  And only fit to be fed to the hogs............

Modern skimmed milk is produced by adding solvents to whole milk, not by
mechanical skimming.  In theory, the solvents are removed during processing,
but my personal experience is that I can not tolerate commercially skimmed
milk ('though whole milk is no problem), suggesting that some residue of
some sort is left behind.

All of that is to say that, nope, I sure wouldn't put skim milk on keys,
either.

Annie