CA tuning pins

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:48:36 MDT 2007

I hope this will happen on the Starr console I did a few weeks ago.
After at 2-3 oz of CA and letting it sit several hours, it was better.
Not great, but at least better.

Now yesterday I did a Kawai GS-50 upright for a church. The pins were
still holding well, but loose enough to cause fine tuning difficulties
in certain areas. After an hour+ while I was tuning another piano
there, it felt like a new piano. I commented to the church secretary
that they should get 10-15 more years from the piano...at least.

I've done a number of CA treatments. All but one have been successful.

JF