CA tuning pins

Jim Johnson jhjpiano at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 13 23:21:07 MDT 2007

I'm not sure about the CA part of the story, but we did have a Lockheed
engineer years ago who poured liquid epoxy all around the tuning pins and
strings of his grand piano after he had it carefully tuned.  He figured he'd
never have to pay for a tuning again.  What was really scary was that he was
working on the Poseidon submarine missile project at the time.  Needless to
say, he called within a couple weeks to complain that the tuning wasn't
holding.