plate repair

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Jul 15 10:04:25 MDT 2007

Before a decision is made to weld  plate I would  strongly advise anyway
considering this option to speak with Gary at Loch-n-  Stich & hear hit from him
as to why welding cast iron is a horrible option.  Too many variables. HE is an
Expert of great proportions.  JMO
  When I want a plate fixed I want to know that after it  strung up that I
have no concerns about it cracking in  another location later on because of
material brittleness/crystallization due to  heat build up during a welding
process.
    Call me paranoid but after speaking with  Gary about the hazards of
welding...it's not for me.
   The Loch-n -Stich method is safe & the repair  way stronger than the cast
iron itself.
  Perhaps I am wrong that there is more than one way to  skin this cat but
I'll stick with a sure thing
  Dale

Hi,Alan!  There  is a non-PTG piano rebuilder in Los  Angeles,who
successfully repaired cracked plates,even  on a Bechstein..Call him for help..His name is
Gene Koroleff   818-503-0080..Good Luck.. Isaac