Marker stains on ivories

Mark Potter bases-loaded76 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 17 04:04:55 MDT 2007

Gevaert Pierre <pierre.gevaert at belgacom.net> wrote:                Hi,

  Does someone know how to remove tenacious marker stains on ivories ?
  Stains have penetrated quite deep into the ivories. I’ve try to sand a layer but this don’t seems to be a good solution because I would have to sand to much and the ivories would become to thin.

  Any advice ?

  I have luck with bleach.  Also, there is a product called "graffiti remover" that might work well.  It's possible even a hand cleaner found in automotive stores would work.

  Mark Potter