Wanting to do it right

ITUNEPIANO at aol.com ITUNEPIANO at aol.com
Wed Jul 18 17:54:18 MDT 2007

Hey Steven.  Stores are slow right now and cutting service  costs.  Not a new
thing.   Here's my story - A month  after starting at  a store, I realized
the store was selling 2 or 3  pre-paid tunings with each piano sold.  Worse yet,
the store was  giving customers a hard time when they would call to schedule
the pre-paid  warranty tunings.  Customers would complain to me they had to
call 1/2  dozen times before the store finally sent me out to tune their piano.
 Customers would leave messages that were not returned, customers  were told
a tech would call them, and no one gave me the tunings.  One complaint after
another, too many to be just errors on the store's  part.  The store grossed an
extra $150,000 per year selling these pre-paid  tunings, and was doing all
that it could to get out of tuning the customers  pianos. They wanted to pocket
the money.    People continue to call me  for their 2nd or 3rd pre-paid
tuning, and I've been billing  the store,  although I haven't taken new customers
for a year now.  Recently the store  has been slow to pay my bill, and I've put
them on credit hold till they pay  up.  Customers are being told the store
hasn't paid me, so I can't tune  their piano.  Crappy situation for me and them.
Some stores just  plain suck.