Conical Front Rail Punchings

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Thu Jul 19 05:09:41 MDT 2007

Recently, I got in a Samick 42" console and I noticed irregularities in voicing
note to note. While cleaning the keyframe, I noticed that it had conical front
rail punchings. Some were narrow side up and others were narrow side down.

I orientated all the f/r punchings with the narrow side up and the voicing
discrepancies went away.  These were not Wurzen felt 'Cresendo' punchings
but standard woven, medium-green punchings.    Something to keep an eye on.
--

Regards,

Jon Page