Wurlitzer seperated pinblock

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Thu Jul 19 13:48:26 MDT 2007

I would look under the piece of wood, BEFORE tuning again.

If the pinblock has separated, you would be taking a chance on breaking the plate, with an additional tuning.

If it has separated, it can be repaired, by drilling right through, to the back, after of course clamping the gap closed to stop wood chips slipping into the space. I then just use carriage bolts from behind.
I used to use 1/2", but wiser minds than mine on the list, say 3/8" is sufficient.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca