WD40

Robin Stevens pianoman at westnet.com.au
Thu Jul 19 16:33:01 MDT 2007

I followed a music teacher from school to school for many years who had a
bad habit of applying WD40 to every slightly sticking note he found!! In
every case the WD40 over a period of time reacted with the brass centre pins
causing a green gunk to grow on the pin making it completely  unworkable. I
would stick with Protek. Short term fixes like this, the same as putting a
drop of machine oil on the striking point of a Hammer to soften it have a
habit of biting you on the Butt down the track. ;-((

Robin Stevens ARPT
South Australia