Pricing Pinblock Treatments

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 07:12:41 MDT 2007

I agree with Dean that the service performed is generallly of a
greater value than what our hourly rates are. It gives life back to
the piano, so it should be worth more.

Yes, a CA job is something a customer could do himself. But it's our
knowledge and experience we're selling. I could repair my plumbing or
home appliances, but I'd rather save myself the cursing. Not to
mention having to make several trips to the hardware/plumbing store to
buy what I need.

I've been doing CA jobs for $150, but have decided to go up. I quoted
$225 for a Wurlie spinet that is beginning to see deterioration.

Way I see it, if I'm going to make two trips (30 miles one way) with a
tilter, I have to charge more.  Now if I'm doing a grand, I would
probably quote less. And I generally try to combine CA jobs with other
service calls.

JF