2nd Try on Sostenuto Research Resources

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Sat Jul 21 15:44:56 MDT 2007

Paul,

I have a book by a well-respected piano pedagogue, Katherine Faricy
called "Artistic Pedal Technique" which has a unit on the sostenuto
pedal. This is possibly the only book on the use of piano pedals and may
be helpful if you're looking for how the sostenuto has affected musical
composition and performance.

Tom Cole