Defending your tuning

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Tue Jul 24 13:17:15 MDT 2007

Phil Bondi wrote:

Let's face it..we all have selective hearing!

Isn't that right Diane?!?

Tongue firmly planted in cheek,

-Phil Bondi(Fl)

PS - I'm still willing to bet Geoff's client is hearing tone rather than
tuning.

Diane answers:

Isn't sound fascinating?  There are so many possibilities as to the cause of
any judgements about sound!

When I started learning tuning, I spent a summer at ASU with Jim Coleman.
Jim would tell me to go to some practice room and practice tuning unisons.
An hour later he would arrive there to find me shaping hammers--I couldn't
tolerate the tone of those pianos!

Diane