separated spinet ribs

Greg Hollister ghollpiano at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 09:14:00 MDT 2007

I just tuned a  Winter spinet with some buzzing notes. When I looked at the back I saw 4-5 ribs that were visibly separated, (one was shimmed with a piece of wood). I would like to draw these ribs together again but I'm not sure it's possible without removing the plate. This piano is not a candidate for rebuilding. Does there ever come a time when the customers needs are best met by epoxying rib gaps? Greg Hollister RPT