Steck upright

PAULREVENKOJONES paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Sat Jul 28 18:58:54 MDT 2007

Terrific sentiment, David. Thanks. (armamentarium?--great word, haven't heard it for many years :-)

Paul

"If you want to know the truth, stop having opinions" (Chinese fortune cookie)

In a message dated 07/28/07 19:15:43 Central Daylight Time, David at piano.plus.com writes:
> I wish we all would be more inclined to shape upright hammers and have the
> creative methods to do so.

Well, I so much agree with that.  I remember the first time I tried it,
about 25 years ago, on a decent birdcage action upright that friends had
aquired.  I was amazed at the difference it made.

I think it is a very useful part of the armamentarium of the
tuner/technician in the home.  It can make such a big difference.  In a very
fine quality piano of course one would pay close attention to carefully
re-regulating the action afterwards.  But even on mediocre older uprights
where the owner doesn't want to spend much, there is a great gain to be had
for relatively little expenditure of time.

David.