Removing key fronts

Chuck Beck mrchuckbeck at mail.com
Sun Jul 29 22:58:19 MDT 2007

I like to use my tablesaw for machining off keytops and keyfronts with
one jig.  I added pictures if they came through.  Before even beginning
to remove any key material it is very important to make sure your blade
is absolutely perpendicular with your mitre slots.  If not you will get
key burning on the back side, and uneven machining.  As previously
stated, heat and flammable dust: BAD!
http://in-lineindustries.com/saw_pals.html

This is a very useful tool for such a duty, and very reasonable for the
result.  The hold-down clamps I use on my jig for locking the key in, and
setting a depth stop I bought from e-bay for maybe $12 for a pack of
six.  Woodcraft or someone else would have such items as well.  They make
clamping safe, and repeatability a cinch.  Ciao.

chuckbeck

Chuck Beck Piano Services
1605 West Main St., Decatur, Il 62522
(217)620-0842