Replacement Bass String won't hold tune

Mike Kurta mkurta at adelphia.net
Tue Jul 31 16:29:32 MDT 2007

    Hi Paul:
    I had the same thing happen on a S&S "M".  Install a new bass string and within a week or two I had to retune.  This happened several times within the space of a month until I discovered the loop on the hitch pin end of the string was slipping!  It made it impossible to keep the tension on the string up to pitch as it kept getting longer and longer.  The string maker S----F, replaced it with no question.  Can't remember if it was a universal or not, but in this case it wouldn't have mattered.
    Mike Kurta