Sanderson Accu-tuner

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 9 03:05:09 MDT 2007

My take on ETDs are similar to what calculators are to a good accountant.
Accountants have to know the rules of the game,understand the rules of math,
and choose a machine which fits their premise. The machine follows the
accountant, not the other way around.
And is short, that's the way to properly understand and use any one of the
many ETD's out there. They all have their take on bells and whistles. For
me, I still find the aural aspect of our work very intriguing and
challenging. However that being said, my work load can be very demanding on
any given day and the ETD ( SAT III, my drug of choice) has allowed me to
keep plugging along at a very productive pace.
For the record, my older SAT II was purchased in 1986, used daily for 20 yrs
without a glitch. Back in the 80's, the machine was comparatively more
expensive then today's machines. I think that I paid $1200 for the II, and
figuring over the course of 20 yrs, and still running fine for my shop use,
proved to be a pretty good bang for the buck. Thus the logical choice to
purchase the newer III over the brands was well justified in my mind. Not
knocking the other ETD's, but I'm a man of routine, and if something is that
dependable day after day, has a proven level of accuracy,even after a few
drops off of the piano and keeps ticking, then it gets my vote.
I'm with others who have made the comment that the ETD made them a much
better tuner. Couldn't agree more.

Tom Servinsky