back from K.C., too

Mark Purney mark.purney at mesapiano.com
Mon Jun 25 09:04:54 MDT 2007

This was my first convention. I was impressed by how well organized
everything was. They converted a hotel into a temporary college campus
for just a few days, moved in tons of pianos, and sorted out class
schedules and rooms so everything worked efficiently and everyone could
find where they were going. All of this was done on top of organizing a
"trade show" for the vendors, and setting up and organizing all the
concerts and events that went on in the evenings and between classes.

All of the classes I attended were excellent and well-taught. But like a
few other people, I would have made some different choices if more
detailed or accurate information was available about the class. I'd go
so far as to say I wasted one of my class periods because I learned
absolutely nothing. It's not that it wasn't a great class, but the
subject wasn't at all what I thought it was going to be, and it was one
of the few areas that I have an advanced knowledge in already (because
of my other profession). If we could have access to a rough outline for
each class, I think it would help people plan and choose their classes
ahead of time.

--
believed to be clean.