What would Steinway do

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Sat Mar 3 15:24:01 MST 2007

On Mar 3, 2007, at 1:56 PM, hubert liverman wrote:

> In fact, you and Dale should analyze the house,last shipment,and
> learn from the Old Piano Elves.
We have the house completely controlled by our agents; we've scoured
every surface for clues as to the make-up of the Fairy Dust; and
we've got the Elves in a sub-basement of the Atelier, and on a
"persuasion" program that we've put together...I'll keep you all
posted when they.....start to cooperate.

> Training the second generation of Pixies could be problematic.
Dude.  Please.  These are not Pixies. Pixies are buffoons; they hate
pianos; they love clarinets and banjos...the hell with Pixies.  these
are Elves---pee--ANNO Elves, sir.

> This opens us to a whole new field of Technology that may somewhat
> agree with some customer conceptions.
Absolutely.  My personal goal is to replace myself as a field
technician with one of the Elves by the end of 2008; people seem to
like them a bit better than bitter, cynical old geezer pianotechs,
for some reason. That frickin' Elf gets a big tip every time I send
him in my place......

> With respect and humor to everyone,
>
> Hubert Liverman
> Tuner/ tech