Duluth tool bags

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 06:03:01 MST 2007

On 10/31/07, David Love <davidlovepianos at comcast.net> wrote:

> I also ordered one of the bigger ones awhile back and found that it was
> just
> too heavy with everything loaded up to carry everywhere.  I went back to
> my
> old Genck case for normal appointments and used the Duluth bag to hold all
> my repair materials including stringing stuff.  It generally sits in the
> car
> but it holds pretty much anything I might need.  That way, I'm not lugging
> everything inside for what often amounts to a simple
> tuning/voicing/regulation type stuff.
>
> David Love
> davidlovepianos at comcast.net
> www.davidlovepianos.com

I sent my Jailhouse back too and got the bighouse instead, long things, like
my largest screwdrivers upright in it, on the backside while my tuning
hammer can lie flat on the front side. I understand your point about the
Duluth bag and rembering where things are however it's a matter of getting
used to it as proved by your statement. <snip> yes lots of small tools are
laying atop one another in the Genck, but I know where they are.
I believe had you given yourself more than a week you would have arrived at
the same comfort level with the Duluth bag. It's all a matter of comfort and
preference and we're all going to have our favorites, as the French
say Vive la Difference!

Mike

--
The way some people find fault, you'd think there was some kind of reward.
Michael Magness
email mike at ifixpianos.com