Dual Piano Disposal, sometimes one is not enough...

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Thu Nov 1 16:09:43 MST 2007

>I would have enjoyed seeing it be recycled instead...

Recycle to what, where?   The keys were removed and the lead taken out.
Plugs will also be drill from the the keysticks.

The capstans were removed to replace capstans on a relocation with
original square type.

The music racks were saved, along with the butt hinges and prop sticks
(lid and pedals), pedal rods.

How much would you save?  I advertised them for weeks for free, I offered
salvaged parts on the list with no takers.

I am not a museum or repository. Four grands are gone, H.F. Miller, Landcaster,
Ludwig, Ivers & Pond.  A Vose had the plate taken out as a dummy case.  I've
trashed a few uprights consoles and spinets recently too.  I do more than my
fair share of repairing/resurrecting old pianos to keep them going for a few
more years but I also know when something is not worth fixing.

If anyone is gets emotional about throwing away junk pianos, I'll send them
to you at your cost. Save the world one piano at a time. Rent a storage space
in the area and we'll fill it up for you.  It'll save me the $30 dump fee.

Maybe if you lobbied the dealers not to sell cheap new pianos these old
relics might have a chance for rehab.  But when it costs more to r/r them than
what you can sell them for....
--

Regards,

Jon Page